.

Friday, April 10, 2020

College Essay - How to Write a Powerful College Essay About New York City

College Essay - How to Write a Powerful College Essay About New York CityWriting a college essay is no easy task, but if you are a native New Yorker and you grew up in a neighborhood that could be termed as hip, there is a lot you can learn from the one who lived and wrote it. My parents moved from the suburbs to what was then called Harlem, New York, and I became a teenager there. The phrase 'You Don't Grow Up in Harlem' is a great starting point for a college essay.When I think of my childhood, I remember looking forward to school and finding out what class I would be taking, what books my parents bought me for Christmas and seeing the schedule of when the bus would arrive. That's a lot of stuff to take in, and you could get really bogged down in all of it. And yet, even though I was surrounded by things I didn't like, I didn't grow up in that neighborhood. Instead, I grew up in a home where my mother, father, and siblings each had a piece of property (and in some cases, all three of them owned pieces of property) and where the big question was how to invest the money.It was not long before I started working on my first project at City Hall and got to learn how to use math to build better projects and budget out the capital dollars. A few years later, I graduated from college and continued with the same vision of building better and wiser projects with the right people.I also learned about the importance of looking for great job prospects and studying for classes at the same time. But I was not going to get good grades and try to jump through all the hoops my parents and teachers tried to put me through if I didn't make an effort to improve my education.If you feel like you don't have any family in the New York City area, don't worry. There are millions of students like you who are living and breathing New York every day. I'm sure there is one of you reading this who loves living there, can't wait to get out of there, and is using your NYC essay as a springbo ard to create a career in that awesome city.You need to have a strong grasp of the New York City area and the issues that affect it, including income inequality, crime rates, and the city government. And you need to be able to put all that information into a cohesive essay. If you do this, you'll have the backbone you need to craft a powerful college essay.As a final note, do not attempt to address all the New York City essay questions with a single essay. Get help from a professional and use this assistance to come up with a more comprehensive essay, but there is no substitute for actually having a personal interaction with someone who has experience writing essays from this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment