.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Personal Leadership Philosophy Of Leadership - 929 Words

I believe a personal leadership philosophy is developed through experiences as both a follower and a leader. Leadership skills are gained in many ways such as learning from the successful methods and mistakes of others, constructive criticism from followers and leader colleagues alike and remaining current in leadership literature. I have developed my theory based on personal encounters with positive and negative leadership experiences which include leading by example, listening and adapting to your followers needs and lastly, including followers in times of significant change. I believe that leading by example is a vital tenet of leadership. Johnson (2015) found that when a police field supervisor proactively engaged in investigative work, the volume of same work performed by their patrol officers doubled (p. 238). Johnson (2015, p. 237) also found that the supervisors had to only engage in one or two of these proactive activities in order to spark the patrol officers to conduct extra investigative work. I believe that if you want a specific result from your followers such as working more efficiently, improving their skills or showing initiative in the workplace you must do the same so they do not feel that they are merely picking up your slack. When a leader is contributing towards the common goal it makes the leader a member of the team and not just the task manager. My second position on leadership is that a leader’s style depends on their followers and situation atShow MoreRelatedLeadership : A Personal Philosophy1541 Words   |  7 Pages LEADERSHIP: A PERSONAL PHILOSOPHY Kandice Carpenter Saint Leo University Abstract The text will cover a number of different aspects of leadership. We will consider my personal understanding of leadership and it relates to certain leadership theories. In my philosophy of leadership, I will address what role I believe a health care leader should play, what leadership theory they should follow, and why leaders should follow that theory. It will describe my current sphere of influence and howRead MorePersonal Leadership Philosophy2878 Words   |  12 Pages My Personal Leadership Philosophy My definition of leadership My father once told me that, â€Å"everything we do— be it in academia, at work, social or family life—we are guided by principles, beliefs and values that collectively form our ideology of life.† I believe that every leader, to a certain extent, is shaped through her individual personal experience. Although in some cases, we may not realize to what extent our personal assumptions and beliefs shape our ability to lead or be led. In my opinionRead MoreA Personal Leadership Philosophy1099 Words   |  5 PagesThe path to a personal leadership philosophy is made up of three parts. Each individual aspect is a facet of a complete whole. Much like a timeline that includes a past present and future, my personal philosophy consists of a foundation, action, and growth. If you do not understand where your foundation of leadership came from you will have problems acting in a leadership capacity. Also if don’t pay attention to how you are acting as a leader you cannot know in what ways you need to grow. WhyRead MoreA Personal Leadership Philosophy1589 Words   |  7 PagesThe path to a personal leadership philosophy is made up of three parts. Each individual aspect is a facet of a complete whole. Much like a timeline that includes a past, present and future, my personal philosophy consists of a foundation, action, and growth. If you do not understand where your foundation of leadership came from, you w ill have problems acting in a leadership capacity. Also if don’t pay attention to how you are acting as a leader you cannot know in what ways you need to grow.Read MoreMy Personal Leadership Philosophy Of Leadership1214 Words   |  5 PagesIntroduction Leadership is an influential word: and its meaning may differ from person to person. Some describe leadership as the people in the highest and most powerful positions within an organization. But as I look back on the positions I have held and the people I would consider leaders, the people I would choose to follow, they were not necessarily the higher ranked people in the organization. They were the people with vision and moral compass who moved the company forward. These peopleRead MorePersonal Leadership Philosophy : Personal Philosophy2794 Words   |  12 Pagesdictionary.com leadership is defined as, the position or function of a leader, a person who guides or directs a group: Its synonyms include guidance, influence, control, direction and supervision. These are all qualifications that are needed to be an effective leader. All characteristics are not necessarily needed at the same time and do no need to be used for each subordinate. This paper will identify my personal lead ership philosophy along with theories to support my leadership style. Personal PhilosophyRead MorePersonal Leadership Philosophy2884 Words   |  12 Pages My Personal Leadership Philosophy My definition of leadership My father once told me that, â€Å"everything we do— be it in academia, at work, social or family life—we are guided by principles, beliefs and values that collectively form our ideology of life.† I believe that every leader, to a certain extent, is shaped through her individual personal experience. Although in some cases, we may not realize to what extent our personal assumptions and beliefs shape our ability to lead or be led. In my opinionRead MoreLeadership : My Personal Leadership Philosophy916 Words   |  4 PagesLeadership is the ability to inspire and focus members on a common goal, whether short term or long term and have the same vision. Leadership is more than telling or ordering, but having members believe and want to follow the same path as you. It’s a commitment to your people built on trust and respect. Many leaders shaped my personal leadership philosophy, to include several negative and positive experiences. Negative experiences from poor leaders and lessons learned on my part have uniquelyRead MoreLeadership : My Personal Leadership Philosophy919 Words   |  4 Pages1. Leadership is the ability to inspire and focus members on a common goal, whether short term or long term and have the same vision. Leadership is more than telling or ordering, but having members believe and want to follow the same path as you. It’s a commitment to your people built on trust and respec t. Many leaders shaped my personal leadership philosophy, to include several negative and positive experiences. Negative experiences from poor leaders and lessons learned on my part have uniquelyRead MorePersonal Leadership Philosophy2368 Words   |  10 PagesPhase 1 of the Personal Leadership Philosophy Paper presented the opinion and supporting information establishing that; leaders are products of opportunity, birth and environment, but of these; opportunity influences great leadership the most. Furthermore, it was discussed that assigned leadership is a cancer to corporate America and this point is illustrated in the following example. While employed at Deloitte and Touchà © Consulting Group (DNT) we engaged ARCO, a major oil and gas company, to develop

No comments:

Post a Comment